The Fundraising Raffle
When Looking for Fundraising Ideas, Don’t Overlook the Raffle!
One raffle event can raise lots of funds for your school or for a sports team, club or group.
To make the most from your raffle, have a special committee to recruit individuals or businesses to donate products to your school for a raffle. If you can get the prize donated, then you won’t have any money going out except for the raffle tickets. But, lots of money will be coming in! That’s the idea, right?
For your raffle, you can either choose one expensive product, several less costly items, or both. It will depend on how and where your raffle will be held.
Most raffles offer one main item and several runner-up prizes. However, your circumstances might be that you are only offering one main prize. You can choose from one or several categories for your prizes.
Choosing a Raffle Prize
The main objective is to choose the perfect raffle prize that everyone will want and buy a ticket for. So how do you choose? First of all, put yourself in the place of your potential supporter.
Choose something that will appeal to a large majority of people and catch their attention.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What type of prize would you buy a ticket for?
- What are popular items in your area?
- Is there an item that would relate to your cause?
- Is there a holiday coming up to connect your prize?
Top 5 Raffle Prizes That Will Get People’s Attention
There are a couple different options:
- Simply sell raffle tickets at any school event and at the end of the event, draw the winning ticket(s). The winner gets half of the cash you have collected. Your school, team, or club gets the other half. This can produce a good amount of money. Your only outgo is the raffle tickets, and your time.
- Sell tickets for a set period, up to a month. A good idea is to sell tickets preceding an upcoming big event. At the end of the specified time, the runner-up and winning tickets are drawn.
Be sure and get the contact information on the back of each ticket. When the winner is drawn, if they are not present, you can contact them later.
Successful Raffle Fundraising
This article has shown you five different types of raffles you can hold for your fundraising event, including electronics, gift baskets, seasonal items, televisions, or even a vacation. With a little creativity and persistence, you’ll be able to choosse great prizes for your raffle.
As in any fundraising project, no matter what product you choose, participation is the key. Everyone has to take part and give it their best effort to have success. Good luck!